On Email, you get forwards – Send this or that to 10 people or you will get unlucky (as if you were very lucky otherwise).
On Facebook, you get notification that you have received fruits from a friend’s farm on Farmville (most of these friends haven’t ever been to a village)
On Blogs, you get tagged – The one who tags you asks you questions as he/she wishes. Answer the questions and tag more people with a new set of questions.
Although I have got many forwards and received and offered many gifts on Farmville, this is my first chance at getting tagged.
Deboshree of Saddi Dilli tagged me in one of her posts and I am loving it.
So here’s the answers to the 11 questions that Debo has set for me.
1. Which is your favourite blog post? Why is that so?
Every new post that I write stays as my favourite until there’s new post to take its place. Still there’s one post that has a special place in my heart. Before I wrote Operation Eunuch and the Murphy’s Law at Work, I was in contact with very few bloggers. Cuckoo of Cuckooscosmos.com (she no longer blogs) referred it to Blogbharati and this connected me to many bloggers after that.
2. If you could choose again, which is the profession you would choose for yourself?
I didn’t know what to do after graduation. I was more confused after post-graduation. Now that I am into a profession that I accidentally got in and fortunately loving it now, please spare me the struggle of choice again.
Still if you insist, I am sometimes jealous of the food and travel show hosts, since they get to go to so many places and eat such good food, all free of cost. But I am not sure if I fit the bill well as I am not as big a foodie as Kunal Vijaykar or Rocky and Mayur of Highway On My Plate. Also I start craving for my bed after 2 days of travel.
3. Do you believe in ghosts? If yes, briefly tell us about an encounter.
Yes, I am very scared of ghosts. I will not take a dare to prove my manliness, particularly when ghosts are involved.
No, fortunately there has been no encounter yet. But there was an incident when I woke an entire neighbourhood screaming about ghosts.
4. If it could be anywhere at all, where would you want to win a paid-vacation to? (I am not sponsoring it by the way.)
I have heard a lot about Midnight Sun phenomena in the Arctic circle. If it’s an all paid vacation, I would certainly like to go there.
Can I take one more choice? Anyways you are not paying for it. I would also like to visit Venice once. Ever since I read Merchant of Venice and saw the song “Do lafzon ki hai“, I have wanted to visit Venice once. Any travel companies reading this post?
5. How do you ward off an irritating customer care call? Or do you straight away press the End Button?
I would better press the end button than shout at them. Unlike many of us who can take as many breaks in a day, the customer care person is not even allowed to take a pee-break. Why waste his time when I am not earning him a business. He got your data, so he is calling. Go shout at people who sold your data and would not delete you even if you are on DND.
6. Which is the best book you have ever read?
There have been many, just like the blog posts; every book is a favourite until you read a new book. But there’s one book that will stay my favourite for long – India after Gandhi by Ramchandra Guha – If you want a proper understanding of current affairs of India, you have to go back to the 50s-80s period. And Ramchandra Guha’s India after Gandhi gives you the most unedited version of the times.
7. Do you have a dream in the closet? Something you wish you could get back to doing / start doing?
I have always wanted to travel the World. There’s still a lot of India to explore.
8. What scares you the most?
9. In one word, what is your current state of mind?
Don’t ask me one words. I am very bad at it. And then I will just answer anything that comes to my mind. Take it then – Bored!!
10. How do you ward off anxiety? Or, what is the one stressbuster that mostly works for you?
I just go out. Believe me it works. Just go anywhere where there are people around – malls, parks, etc. Don’t do anything. Just observe them. Soon you would have long forgotten your stress.
11. What do you ask people to initiate small talk, say on a long-haul flight or a train ride?
I am very bad at initiating conversations. My mind just gets blank. To make matters worse, words sometimes come out choked, making the co-passenger think I am having a heart attack 🙂
Finally completed answering all questions. And now the other part – here I get to tag people just like I got tagged. But before that RULES (obviously copied from Debo’s blog)
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
So here are the questions (excuse me if you find them odd – this is my first attempt)
- A blogger you hardly know tags you to do a 20 question post (Not me. I have given you just 11). Will you take it? If yes why?
- What was on your mind when you decided to start your first blog?
- Is there a difference between your online and offline persona? If yes, what is it?
- What was the hardest thing you ever had to do in your life?
- If given a chance, what is something that you would like to do again in your life?
- What are you scared of?
- Imagine 2012 is actually the end of the World and you are one of the fortunate few to know it a month before the D-Day. What are the three things that you would like to do before the World ends?
- If you were given a chance to take just one thing back from your childhood, what would it be?
- What song plays most often in your playlist?
- Man! 2 more questions to frame. Okay here goes the 10th. What do you plan to do during the weekend?
- And finally! How is the weather right now? (This is a very important question. Don’t even think of skipping it.)
So here are the lucky ones that I select to take over the tag business. Believe me, passing the tags to another set of 11 bloggers makes me feel the same way as Apollo passing the Earth for Hercules to hold 😉
(At some point I have interacted with all of you through my blog or Indiblogger. So don’t consider this as coming from an all unknown blogger).
Let’s see how each of you take up this tag. Looking forward to your answers.